Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Birthday to Remember

I know the title of this post is a bit dramatic, but I think that I have every right to be. Birthdays are occasions in which I think people can believe that the world revolves around them, contrary to the reality that the world simply revolves for no particular person. For the past few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about how I would like to spend my birthday, and I came up with three possible options:
  • First is to go on an adventure for the day in which I planned to go in places I've never been to (somewhere in the Metro) or try things that I have never done before (ice skating, zip-lining, etc.) alone.
  • Second, I considered simply staying at home. I could watch movies, read a good book, and simply enjoy the peace and solitude of the day.
  • Lastly, be with friends and throw a little party at my house.
I chose the third option, because the first option was too risky and I always feel lonely in public places. On the other hand, for the past few weeks, I've stayed a lot at home alone (because I was sick), so I didn't really want to do that on my birthday. Hence, I celebrated with my college friends and threw a small party at our house. And I've made the best decision of all.


Today was extremely fun. I woke up early to go to Taft and meet up with my college friends. We did our yearly Yellowcab lunch and then caught up with some few chats and gossips. We separated around 2:30, and I went home immediately. I had to go home real quick because I was the one who cooked for my party. By 5:00, my friends started to come. We karaoke-d, laughed, and told jokes about each other. By 10:30, everyone left (which was early for us; everyone has exams/activities tomorrow).


Here are some few snapshots of the day:


Birthday outfit. Wasn't wearing my hat here though.


Mine and Danna (middle)'s birthday is only a day apart, so we celebrated together. The guy here is Toki! Some pictures of our lunch are with them. I still don't have a camera. For now.
With Isty and Ken: the early birds. :)


(From left) Ivy, Prince, Me, Isty, and Ken. Rina is in China, and Meh2 is MIA again.


I've realized something today: some things are really meant to last. My La Sallian friends have always been people who kept my spirits high, and I know that I'll always have them. On the other hand, my Canossa/childhood friends and I have been together for almost 10-11 years already, even more. Recently, we've been 'low' on communication, but when we get together in occasions like this, it always seems that we were just together the day before. I love how we simply fit with each other. I love how they make me feel like I'm special. I love the fact that I'll always have them in my life.


Last year, I was stressing, bickering, and crying on my birthday, but today, I only had smiles and laughter. I can only imagine how my life can be happier. And today, there is only one thing left for me to say to the people who have been there and to our creator: Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment