Thursday, June 26, 2014

Asakusa

My first term in my Japanese language school recently ended. Surprisingly, I got decent grades  for someone who hasn't practiced Japanese in a long time. I'm looking forward  to next term!

Anyways, as the title states, this post is about my first time in Asakusa. We went there directly from Tokyo Sky Tree (by biking of course). When we arrived, it reminded me of  Divisoria and Ongpin, but cleaner. We went on a Saturday so the place was packed with tourists, making it very difficult to take lots of pictures.


I've always wanted to see the Kaminarimon. If you ever played Final Fantasy 8, the characters Raijin and Fujin are actually named after the gods of wind (Fujin) and thunder (Raijin). Statues of these gods are placed on the gate (Kaminarimon). 

Going to Asakusa is already one box ticked off from my list of places I want to visit here in Japan. I'd love to go back again and shop a little at Senso-ji, but one of our friends  here said that souvenirs  there are quite expensive since it's a tourist spot. Oh well, I still have the rest of the year  to save a little.

Next stop: Tokyo Disney Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment