Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Sharing

There's no better or other way to say this, so I'll just make a go at it:
Yes, you read that right. I'm going to Japan to study their language - intensively - for a year! Finally! Finally! I've been holding it in for weeks, and I leave in a couple of days. Everything is surreal, and sometimes I still can't believe it's true. For the past few weeks, I held small parties at home and went to different dinners with friends. I even cooked for some of them, and it's one thing I will miss. As much as possible, I wanted to get as much as time with people I care about before I leave. Today, I'm running a few errands and will be visiting our province to spend time with my cousins, uncles, and aunts.

I am very grateful for the people who went out of their way just to celebrate with me. Honestly, I crave for someone's attention, but I realized that I should stop chasing people who doesn't give the same effort in being part of my life. For the past few days, I have been amazed and surprised at how much people cares about me. Most of the time, I always think that I'm the one that tends to be forgotten. I don't know how or what I did to deserve to have tons of friends and a loving and supportive family. But I will do everything in my power just to keep them in my life (hello Viber, Skype, and Facetime). I can't wait to share with you guys the adventures (and misfortunes) that I will experience in Japan!

P.S.

I'll be sharing in my next post how I got a accepted in a school in Japan on my next post - as soon as I figure out what to pack!

Freaking nervous and excited, 

4 comments:

  1. Abi, I'm so happy for you! I'm excited to hear your stories you're going to have in Japan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abi, I know we're not even slightly close, but tears swelled up my eyes when I read this. I've heard before how much you love the Japanese culture. It's such a big step. I'm so moved by people pursuing their dreams. It's a rare thing. So inspiring. Good luck! I am sincerely wishing you all the best and happiness, there, in the land of the rising sun. xx -nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicole! :) I'm having fun so far. :3

      Delete