Thursday, December 19, 2013

On Turning 23

I love taking pictures. It's a hobby that I truly treasure. But when my 23rd birthday came upon, I wasn't able to take any blog-post-worthy picture (except for my birthday cake above, which I almost finished before taking a picture). I don't know what happened. Maybe I was just too tired because I still had class the afternoon before the party. Maybe I was just too preoccupied on thinking how I'm going to finish all my requirements for the term. Or maybe, I was just to filled with happiness and contentment that I didn't bother documenting any of it. I was just too busy being in those moments.

Turning 23, honestly, doesn't seem to be big of a deal as any of my past birthdays. I didn't put any effort in planning for the party. Maybe because I have my mama, cousins, and friends to help me out. But it didn't felt stressful as it did last year. I was even more stressed with school than the party.  I don't know why but there were a sense of relaxation through out that night. I truly felt loved and cared for. I didn't ask much, but I got more. And for that, I am truly thankful, especially for the people who greeted and for the people who came and celebrated with me. If I had all the treasures in the world, I'd share them with you guys. But I'm broke and all I can give is my heartfelt 'Thank you'. Hope that's enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment