Sunday, November 3, 2013

Siem Reap, Cambodia - Day 3

Finally, day 3 of our Cambodia tour! This post will be picture heavy instead, as I truly believe in the saying that "A picture speaks a thousand words". That and I have a lot of things to catch up with for school.

Part 1: Our Hotel - Angkor Spirit Palace

It is only on our third day that we got to take pictures around our hotel. The hotel is beautiful, as it used to be a cultural center too. I wasn't able to take pictures of our room because it was all messy by the third day. But nevertheless, it was so big and spacious. I reserved for two double beds, but we were given a room with three beds! One of the best parts of the hotel would be the pool. On our last day, Danna and I was able to swim for a while. We were the only ones in the pool!

Part 2: Silk Farm
Note: Sorry about my hair. It doesn't go well with humidity.

Since Danna and I planned our trip, we wanted to do the exciting stuffs, so we almost skipped visiting the Silk Farm. But since we don't have anything planned for our last day, we went. Surprisingly, our moms loved it. And so did we.


Part 3: Artisans d'Angkor
After Silk Farm, we were taken by our tuk-tuk driver to a few craft stores and then to Artisans d'Angkor. These people are amazing. I'd like to go back and buy the actual handmade products, which are more expensive than the factory manufactured ones found in the local markets.

Part 4: Wat Bo
Our last stop for our Cambodia trip is Wat Bo. This temple is not included in most tour itineraries. I even forgot how I came by it before going to Cambodia. But according to my research, it's the oldest Buddhist temple in Siem Reap. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go inside because the rain was just about to start. I read somewhere that the inside has beautiful wall paintings.

So that's it, dear readers: our Cambodia trip last June! Although I posted these a little late, I can still recall every awe and jaw dropping moments I had in Cambodia. I will definitely come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment