Saturday, September 1, 2012

Etude House's Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Powder Wash + DIY Microdermabrasion

I'm running out of facial wash, so when my family and I went to the mall earlier, I wanted to buy a new one. I was planning to buy the usual brand that I buy (Nivea Cleansing Foam), but I when I passed by Etude, I found a wash that piqued my interest, which is their Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Powder Wash.
Aside from baking, baking powder (and/or baking soda) can also be used for cleaning, so I just have to try this wash out. I got it for P428. Yes, I know. It is a little pricey for a small bottle, but I just felt that I need to try it out (excuses! ha!). But anyways, if you think this is too much, you can always use store bought baking powder/soda by making your DIY Microdermabrasion.

The DIY after the the jump!

Last summer, I was dying to have a microdermabrasion session in a facial center. As you may already know, microdermabrasion is a process of exfoliating and removing the outer layer of dead skin cells in our face. However, I find the price steep for my thinning wallet. So I tried to look for homemade exfoliants online and baking soda kept coming up. I just had to try it out. Baking soda is much preferable than baking powder. That is because a part of baking powder is already baking soda, but baking powder already have added agents (such as tartar and starch). So its better to use baking soda, because it is the basic cleaning agent you'll need. This is a very simple DIY which you can finish in a minute! What you need to do is to just mix these two ingredients together:
  • Baking soda
  • Water
Very simple right?  Basically, in making the mixture, you need more baking soda than water. If you're a little obsessive compulsive like I am, what you need to remember is the ratio 3:1. For example, if you decide to use 3 tablespoons of baking soda, you only need 1 tablespoon of water. Once you've done that, you'll have a paste like texture. Now, to use your DIY microdermabrasion, here's what you need to remember:
  1. Initially wash your face with water.
  2. Scrub the mixture in areas you want to clean up or your whole face.
  3. Leave the mixture for about five minutes.
  4. Wash up with your usual facial wash.
Easy, peasy! I suggest to keep your mixture away from your mouth, as it tastes really bad. Also, the coarseness of baking sodas differ, so you have to be careful with the pressure you put while scrubbing. For instance, if you bought a very coarse baking soda, try to be softer with your scrubbing. It won't really sting, but too much scrubbing can hurt a little (trust me, I know.). After you've done everything, you'll feel really clean, and you'll feel like your face is stretched.

I hope you try this out, as it is really effective. It is cheaper too. If you already have baking soda right now, you don't have to cash out anymore. My mama and I even used it as a body scrub, but you'll need more baking soda for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment